Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC and its subsidiary companies’ respective websites (“website”) are operated by Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC, a company incorporated in England and Wales with an office at 24 Cheshire Avenue Cheshire Business Park, Lostock Gralam, Northwich CW9 7UA. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the data controller is Dechra.
The terms “Dechra”, “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” when used in this Privacy Notice means Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC, which includes the subsidiaries, divisions, branches, affiliates or companies under control of Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC. The terms “you”, “your” and “yours” when used in this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) means any person who interacts with and/or does business with us.. If you have questions about this Privacy Notice please contact us by email at DataProtection@dechra.com or by telephone at +44 1606 814730.
IMPORTANT: BY SUBMITTING PERSONAL DATA MANUALLY OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM TO US AND/OR BY USING OUR WEBSITE, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE COLLECTED, USED AND PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW.
SCOPE OF PRIVACY NOTICE
Dechra is committed to taking all reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Data held by us in relation to our employees, customers, supplier and all other individuals is kept secure, processed in a fair and lawful manner and managed in accordance with all applicable data privacy laws.
Please review this Privacy Notice carefully . It describes our current policies and practices with regard to Personal Data collected by us from you directly and/or through the website (to the extent that such Personal Data is protected by applicable data protection laws). In particular, it explains what types of information we collect, how that information is used, to whom it is disclosed and how it is safeguarded.
This Privacy Notice applies to all Personal Data that is collected, processed, used and stored by us (except in relation to Personal Data relating to our contractors, consultants, employees and workers, whose personal data is covered by a separate privacy notice). For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Data” refers to information or pieces of information that could identify you, and could include your name, job description, , date of birth, email and/or mailing address and/or health related data.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We are continually improving our methods of communication and adding new functionality and features to this website and to our existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data practices will change from time to time. We encourage you to check this page frequently because, by visiting our website, you agree to accept the current version of this Privacy Notice.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA INCLUDING EMAIL ADDRESSES
You may choose to use our services and solutions or receive additional information from us. When you request our services and solutions or request additional information, we collect personal information about you such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and payment details. For example, we collect Personal Data when you:
- register for one of the events listed on our website;
- sign up to receive emails or other notifications from us;
- apply for a role within Dechra;
- order a prescription of a product from your veterinarian which can only be fulfilled by us pursuant to a special licence issued by the appropriate regulatory authority;
- use a social media service like Facebook or Twitter to communicate with us; or
- submit a request to our customer service department. We may also ask for demographic information to enable us to provide a personalised service to you. The information you provide is either manually or electronically stored in our databases or those of our third party suppliers (as to which, please see the section entitled “Transfer of Data to Third Parties” below).. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postal or zip codes are received, we may use third party software to fix them. Finally, we may receive information about you from third parties that we work with, including, for example, veterinary practices, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, and fraud detection providers. USE OF PERSONAL DATA We will use your Personal Data to fulfil your requests and we will ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. When we ask you for Personal Data, this may be used for the following purposes:
- We may contact you occasionally to inform you of new services we will be providing;
- We may send you regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you;
- We may send you requested information on our services;
- We may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes and market research; and
- We may use your Personal Data to provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information (but these statistics will include no personally identifying data). We rely on your consent to do this when you provide your Personal Data to us. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by email or post.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your data for a reasonable duration. If such duration cannot be determined, the following criteria will apply to fix this duration:
- the purpose for which the data was collected;
- the likelihood of further contact or enquiries from you with which the data may assist;
- the length of any legal obligation that may attach to that data or the period within which claims might be brought relating to that data or products or services that we have provided; and
- the requirements of our regulators. DATA ACCESS AND CORRECTIONS Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you, for which we may make a small charge. We will also correct, amend or delete any Personal Data that you inform us is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at the address set out above. You can also, for a legitimate purpose, object to the processing of your personal data, by addressing your request to the same mailing address. Finally you have the right to give instructions on the outcome of your Personal Data after your death. In addition to the above mentioned rights, you are entitled to:
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner Office (ICO), which is Dechra Group’s lead supervisory authority, at www.ico.org.uk;
- know from which source the Personal Data originated, and if applicable, whether it came from publicly accessible sources;
- request from the data controller restriction of processing in certain circumstances;
- be informed of the legal ground for data processing; and
- be informed of your right to data portability. Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting and/or document retention obligations imposed on us. UNSUBSCRIBE We may keep your contact details on our database and may, from time to time, email or post information to you to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you.
We hope you will be delighted with our products and services. However, if you do not wish to receive marketing emails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please email us at the address given below with “Email Unsubscribe” in the subject heading.
If you also wish to be removed from our postal marketing database, please let us know by emailing us at the address given below with “Mail Unsubscribe” in the subject heading or writing to us at our address set out above.
TRANSFER OF DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
We will only transfer your personal data outside the Dechra Group on a strictly limited “need to know” basis where there is a legitimate business need or there is an overarching legal justification that we do so.
If a particular disclosure is required to meet a legal obligation (for example to a government agency or police force/security service) or in connection with legal proceedings, we may provide your personal data so long as the disclosure is limited to that which is legally required.
To protect your data we will enter into appropriate contractual arrangements to ensure that your data is kept secure and only used for legitimate, authorised purposes. We do not share, sell or distribute your Personal Data with unrelated third parties, except as otherwise provided for in this Privacy Notice and under these limited circumstances:
- In order to provide you with the information, products and/or services and solutions which you have requested, Personal Data may occasionally be transferred or shared with other companies within the Dechra Group or with third parties who we work with for further processing. These companies are not authorised by Dechra to use the Personal Data we share with them for any other purposes than those set forth in this Privacy Notice or to send you any unsolicited email. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your Personal Data in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf. We may share names and addresses from our mailing list with carefully chosen marketing partners. We may also share aggregated statistical or demographic information with third parties in a manner that does not reveal personally identifiable information.
- As we develop our business we might sell or acquire subsidiaries, or businesses. There might be a reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) of all or any portion of the business of the Dechra Group. In connection with these transactions your personal information and other information we have collected as described in this Privacy Notice may be disclosed and may be among the business assets transferred as part of the transaction.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to respond to a valid legal process from the government or public authorities in any country in which we operate, to interact with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the legal rights, privacy or safety of the Dechra Group or our employees,
agents and contractors, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website and/or to take precautions against legal liability.
TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
If you are visiting this website from a country other than the country in which our servers are located (currently the United Kingdom), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By visiting our website and/or communicating with us, you consent to the processing and transfer of your data as set out in this Privacy Notice. Additionally, the data we collect may be accessed, transferred to and stored by companies and external service providers established outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by personnel operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. Countries outside the EEA may not offer the same level of protection. To protect your data we will enter into appropriate contractual arrangements with any companies we share data with outside the EEA. Should you require further information about the means by which we ensure the protection of your data overseas, we may, upon receipt of a request from you, provide a copy of the details of the safeguards securing the transfer at our discretion.
These recipients outside of the EEA include:
- Service providers located outside of the EEA (including without limitation in the United States of America and Australia); and
- Dechra Group Companies based outside of the EEA.
Data likely to be transferred to such recipients includes (as applicable):
Name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, email address, personal data included in curriculum vitae (CVs)
Transfer of such data outside of the EU/European Economic Area is aimed at the following purposes:
- In order to provide you with the information, products and/or services and solutions which you have requested;
- to comply with legal requirements, for the administration of justice, to respond to valid legal processes from the government or public authorities in any country in which we operate, to interact with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the legal rights, privacy or safety of the Dechra Group or our employees, agents and contractors, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website and/or to take precautions against legal liability;
- to assist in fulfilling role vacancies within the Dechra Group; and
- to improve your experience online.
The following protection measures are followed to ensure an adequate level of protection:
May 2018 5
- intra-group data transfer agreements have been put in place;
- IP address, login information, browser type, location, time zone, operating system, and other technical information;
- information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our Website and products you viewed; and
You agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any controversy or claim of whatever nature arising out of or relating to this Privacy Notice, and that the laws of England and Wales shall govern such dispute or claim. However, we retain the right to bring legal proceedings in any jurisdiction where we believe that infringement of this agreement is taking place or originating.
We welcome comments about this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about this Notice or any part of our service, you may contact us by emailing email@example.com.